Saturday, February 03, 2007

Stress? What stress...



Hey everyone...Not much to really report since my last post...that is probably because the week literally disapeared in front of my eyes...I blinked and Saturday appeared...

I know everyone is sick of hearing about this already, but I don't think I have ever been this busy in my entire life...I know certain days back in NYC were crazy and when Harbinger was rocking it got pretty busy as well...but I have never gone through what I am going through now...I truly feel that when this is all said and done in 4 weeks or so, that I will be able to handle anything...BRING ON THE START-UPS!

In terms of what's going on...well...the school is submerged in paranonia...every day conversations go like this.."So...did you hear back from company X? No? Yeah...I did....I got Dinged / Accepted" I have heard some CRAZY stories...and been parts of many myslef...so here is a funny TOP LIST of what has happened to me in the past few weeks during interviews:

1. Look at the table in front of you and sell me something on it for 15 minutes. The table consisted of: a bottle of still water, a bottle of sparkling water, a bowl of grapes, and a gum wrapper. I picked the sparkling water...

2. You have 9 tennis balls and 1 scale...you can use the scale twice...the scale is like a justice scale, so to plates on each side and they will balance if they are equal weights...1 of the tennis balls is heavier than the others...which one is it?

3. 3 guys are in line, 1 behind the other...they cannot turn around. A 4th guy puts a hat on each of them, but they cannot see which hat. The 4th guy picks from 5 hats...3 Green Hats, and 2 Red Hats...He then asks #3 - What color hat do you have on? I don't know he says...He then asks #2, What color hat do you have on, I don't know he says...He then asks #1 what color hat do you have on...He says I know...So which color hat is he wearing?

These have all been courtesy of investment banks...I am going through consulting firms now...so fun from them will be next week...

I have no offers yet...but a bunch of Final round interviews coming up...so everyone keep your fingers crossed and send me some good vibes..:-)

In general, London has been amazing...weather is great and the days are sunny...so moral is up and I am counting down the minutes until I land the perfect summer gig and bring out the golf clubs again...I think my handicap now will be around 100...but hey...thats the fun of bringing it back down again...

Lastly, I will end with some funny stories from my trip to NYC last weekend...I had a blast and would like to thank Max, Heidi, Dave, Matt, Joe, and of course Bruce for an amazing weekend...I think everyone knows how much I LOVE to eat...well I got in a Barney GreenGrass and a Yama meal...Can't beat that...Here is a funny picture of me and my friend Dave at a birthday party...Don't I look great in a sombrero?




I am still a little philosophical about where I will end up this summer and after school ends...but that will be for next week...just too tired to keep writing...

Last, but 100% not least...GO BEARS!!!!! I will be cheering with every ounce I have tomorrow at 4:00AM!!!!

2 comments:

RusGirl said...

Ed hi :)
Good luck with the interviews!
Will you share solutions of the brainteasers?

The one with 9 balls is:
Divide 9 balls in three groups: 3-3-and-3.
Weight either 2 groups. The heaviest one is the suspect. If they are equal, the remaining one is a suspect.
Take suspect and weight either 2 of the balls. You either see the heavy one or it has remained in your hand :)

karlitos said...

hey Ed!! welcome to the blogging scene....

regarding the brainteaser with the hats, let me try to solve it:

If the last guy doesn't know what color he's wearing, this means the hats in front of him cannot be Green (if both in front of him were green, his would be red because there are only 2 green hats).

If the second guy doesn't know what color he's wearing, this means the hat in front of him cannot be green either. If the front guy had a green hat, the second guy's hat would be red.

But the second guy does not know, so the hat of the front guy must be Red.

greetz,

/karlitos