Saturday, December 01, 2007

Where did the past 3 months go?



When you do not write a blog entry for a long time, the first thing that you do when you actually do sit down and are ready to go for a shiny new entry is really think about what happened to you in the days, weeks, or in my case, even months since my last post.

Since I last put my thoughts down on paper, I can honestly say I have gone through some life changing events. As my fourth business tri-mester comes do a close, I can't help but reflect upon the amazing time I have had the past few months.



First off, my experience going on exchange has been spectacular. If you go to business school, or are considering business school...I highly recommend going on an exchange program...without hesitation. In my case, Kellogg is a perfect compliment to LBS...the two schools are unique but similar...Kellogg is about twice the size of LBS and focused more on Marketing and Strategy...while LBS is more intimate and more financially rigorous.



I have met some amazing people at Kellogg and I look forward to keeping in touch with them throughout the year, and years to come for sure. I am also looking forward to showing my new friends (about 10 of them to be exact) London...as a large Kellogg contingent is headed to LBS on exchange in semester #2. I think I have made some great friendships and learned a lot of new perspectives...but lets not make it all serious...The people at Kellogg LOVE to party as much as the people at LBS...and TUESDAY night is the night in Evanston...So whether it is $1 burgers at Bar Louie...or closing down the Keg during Halloween...I had some extremely memorable nights drinking cheap, quality American beer :)

The second best part for me the past couple of months has been living in Chicago again...Now I have not lived in Chicago since I basically left undergrad...almost 8 years ago...The city has changed a lot...but that charm that I fell in love with is still there in full effect. I think Chicago is one of the most underrated cities in the US...so I will keep trying to do my best PR effort into raising its profile. From the bars, restaurants, night life, sports teams...and most importantly...NICE PEOPLE...I would not rather life anywhere else (except maybe London :)

It has been tremendous spending time with my family...which you learn to take for granted...also travel has been great...NYC, MIAMI, LA...I made sure I racked up some frequent flier miles...While going everywhere in the world the past year, I came to a realization that travel is something that I truly love...just going to all of my favorite cities now, with my favorite restaurants...people..comfort...Without doubt, no matter where I live or reside, travel will be an essential part of my life going forward...



Where is the the future for me? Well, that is still unanswered as of now...To say I have a lot of things on my mind is an understatement...But I am thinking a lot about what is important to me going forward...I think the holiday times ahead will be perfect for some real soul searching on my part...so everyone stay tuned...I feel like big announcements will be coming your way soon...

Lastly...I am REALLY excited as well to get back to London...to be with everyone from LBS...to cheer on Chelsea...and to get back to my favorite things...including the best kebabs in the WORLD...London is such an amazing place that being away for as long as I have been gone has been pretty brutal...So my little list of things to do keeps getting BIGGER AND BIGGER...But I am sure I will be able to fit it all in...

Finally, I want to wish everyone a happy holiday season...From Thanksgiving, to Christmas to Hananakah, the holidays are my favorite time of year...This year, my brother and I will be in India...which is something that I am so excited to do, I am beyond words. Seeing the Taj Mahal has been on list for about 20 years now...so happiness and health to everyone...and lets have 2008 be even better than 2007.


1 comment:

Ella said...

It's a windy city and my family went to the U. of Chicago. Cool blog.

Peace Out,

Ella