Sunday, September 09, 2007

One London Summer Down...How Many More to Go?



Hey everyone...I must say that the last few weeks have really given me a lot of perception onto a year which I already thought was completely filled with perceptions and insights...

This summer I have been lucky enough to see what life is like working in a big company compared to a small company---what are the benefits and disadvantages...but also to see what finance and consulting are like...What does the future hold for me? That is still a question I am working very hard to answer...

I also have met many new people, strengthened friendships and have only really confirmed my love for London as a city...It will be tough to leave...that is for sure...



On September 21st I move to Chicago for 3-months...I am really looking forward to seeing what life will be like in Chicago after being away for so long. Basically, apart from visits here and there, I have not really lived day-in and day-out in Chicago since I was 21...I know that I have changed a tremendous amount since then and I am wondering if I will still love the city as much as I think I love it right now when all is said and done in December...

One thing that I know I will love for sure is Kellogg...I am very happy with the classes I am taking this upcoming term...and from everyone that I have met, Kellogg seems to have some really cool people on campus...Just brings back memories of when I was a kid and walked around Northwestern with awe...I am really excited to be finally walking back on that same campus, but now as a student...

Other than work---which seems to have completely engulfed my life...Let me tell you...consulting is some LONG hours...but I really like my project so far and I am flying to Geneva for a days next week, so hopefully that should be fun---I really enjoyed my first European summer despite the crap weather in London...

Just the buzz on the streets...the overflowing pubs...the quick little holiday trips...the start of football season...it has been a blast. I had a chance to kick back for a few days in Barcelona...which is NO DOUBT the Miami of Europe...The city is amazing...everything is open until 4AM...people eat dinner at 11pm which I LOVE...and the nightlife is out of control...oh yeah...did I forget to mention that the weather is ridiculous and the beaches are insane?





I am sad to say goodbye to friends for a few months...it is weird as I feel like London is home now, so it does feel strange to be leaving...but I am excited for what the future will bring in Chicago...I have many close friends which I cannot wait to see...and who knows...maybe this is finally the year the Cubs make it to the world series and I will be there to cheer them on!

But not to worry, at least I am leaving London with a bang...Hopefully if things go according to plan, in the next 10 days I will go to my first CHELSEA GAME!!! As well as go to see Ave. Q and PRINCE...

So...Goodbye London...surely not farewell...and Hello Chicago...it's been a while, but it's great to be back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.