Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Crunch Time!


OK...so classes for the first year of school are OVER! Yep...all that is left is 3 exams, 2 of which will be BRUTAL...then I am officially done with year one-- London Business School.

Now that I am an elder statesman for my school, I had the pleasure of volunteering to help and be responsible for the entertainment portion of the MBA 2009 Admits Weekend (which is a great weekend that MBA Programs put on for students that will be attending school next year and for students that are still considering whether they should attend).

Not wanting to pat myself on the back...I think the weekend was AMAZING. I had a blast meeting all of the new MBA 2009's who flew from all over the world...We took them drinking, out to my favorite Belgian restaurant, to a cricket match...and most importantly...we had GLEN PHILLIPS from Toad the Wet Sprocket play!! I am a huge Toad fan, so this was a great little cherry on top of an already incredible weekend. I am pleased to know that the school looks like it will be in very good hands next year.




Now in an in an attempt to continue to stay upbeat, I needed a break after Admits Weekend...and I was lucky enough to have my brother in town for 2 WEEKS! Now this is the first time the Bruce has been back since he left London in December...and the city still has not recovered.

After all of the major London spots were visited with astonishing speed and frequency, we decided that Paris needed a visit as well. But of course..not before Buasaba, an incredible play starring Harry Potter and of course Borough Market. Now, I thought Bruce was a London expert...but no...he is also a Paris expert...Suffice to say...Paris was beyond words.

Not wanting to make the majority of people extraordinarily jealous, I will just list some highlights which included in no particular order:

1. ASTONISHING WEATHER
2. Champagne Tours
3. Priceless Works of Art
4. Oysters, Crepes, Croissants, French Onion Soup and more Oysters
5. Did I mention the French Onion Soup?



After being a bit sour on Paris from my younger years...I feel like I am a converted individual...now don't get me wrong...I am not moving to France anytime soon...But I took great notes and am happy to give tours anytime... :-)

I had the time of life with Bruce...now I am deciding what the future holds...where should I live...etc. etc. and of course he has to come in and confuse me as always...

Anyway, work starts on Monday...I am not ready in the least...but hey...nothing like winging it right?

Lastly...Here are my classes that I signed up for next year at LBS...who knows right? Maybe I will become a big shot...or I will settle for little shot...but HAPPINESS HERE I COME :-)

SPR08
Brand Management
Financing the Entrepreneurial Business
Product Innovation
Strategy Dynamics
The New Rules of Strategy
The Unstoppable Growth of Branding
Venture Capital & Private Equity

SUM08
Creativity & Personal Mastery


No comments: